Sometimes living with HIV can bring up all sorts of stuff. We believe everyone should be able to live their happiest and most fulfilling life, so we provide free and confidential short-term counselling (of up to 10 sessions) for:
- People living with HIV
- Newly diagnosed
- Contemplating testing
- Awaiting results
- People living with HIV experiencing stigma or discrimination
- And even partners and family of someone living with HIV
- People newly diagnosed with HIV
- People living with HIV who are financially disadvantaged
- People living with HIV experiencing health or relationship issues
- People living with HIV experiencing the effects of recent trauma, domestic/family violence or homophobic/transphobic violence
Our counsellors use a person-centred approach which means the client is in control of what is explored and the pace at which they go.
Our services take place at WAAC head office in West Perth and are available 9am -4.30pm Monday to Friday.
To access this service you will need to participate in a brief assessment process either over the phone or face to face.
Book my appointment
Please send us your contact information and one of our counsellors will be in touch.
Coronavirus update: in the event that the area you live in is in lockdown we will continue to offer counselling over the phone or via video link. Face to face services resume with appropriate physical distancing measures in place once lockdown is complete.