Sometimes living with HIV or supporting someone who is HIV positive can bring up all sorts of stuff. We believe everyone should be able to live their happiest and most fulfilling life, so we provide free and confidential short-term counselling (of up to 10 sessions) for:
- People living with HIV
- Newly diagnosed
- Contemplating testing
- Awaiting results
- People experiencing stigma or discrimination
- And even friends, family and loved ones of someone affected by HIV
- People newly diagnosed with HIV
- Financially disadvantaged people
- People experiencing health or relationship needs related to HIV
- People experiencing the effects of a recent trauma, domestic/family violence or homophobic/transphobic violence
Our counsellors use a person-centred approach which means the client is in control of what is explored and the pace at which they go.
Our services take place at WAAC head office in West Perth and are available 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
To access this service you will need to participate in a brief assessment process either over the phone or face to face.
Book my appointment
Please send us your contact information and one of our counsellors will be in touch.
Need support now?
- Lifeline is available 24/7 – 13 11 14
- Crisis Care Helpline is available 24/7 – 1800 199 008
- Kids help line is available 24/7 – 1800 55 1800
- HIV Info Line (Monday to Friday 10am-5pm AWST) – 1300 56 52 57
Coronavirus update: in the event that the area you live in is in lockdown we will continue to offer counselling over the phone or via video link. Face to face services resume with appropriate physical distancing measures in place once lockdown is complete.