The Rock Solid Project is a methamphetamine peer education program which focuses on reducing harms related to methamphetamine use.
The project aims to recruit individuals with large networks of people who currently use methamphetamine or may be at risk of using.
These individuals are provided free training on harm reduction strategies, recognising and responding to methamphetamine related harm and relevant referral pathways.
After training, individuals may then go on to become a peer educator for the project, where they may share these strategies amongst their peers during their normal social interactions.
Does this sound like you?
- Are you passionate about keeping people safe while they are using gear?
- Do you have large networks of people who are using meth?
- Do you want to help keep your mates safe?
Then becoming a peer mentor may be just up your alley!
Build your knowledge around meth use
- You will receive training from experts on:
- Harm reduction strategies
- Safer ways to use
- Recognising and responding to psychosis and toxicity
- How to manage some of the other things that may happen while using meth
Become a peer educator
If you’re interested in becoming a Peer Educator, contact the Rock Solid Project Officer: