Freedom Artwork Competition
Want to get your art seen by heaps of people while winning some cool prizes? Then flex your creative muscles in Freedom’s art competition!
Interested in having your art on Freedom merchandise?
Interested in winning some great prizes?
Interested in getting your name out there and flexing your creative muscles?
Freedom are looking for some amazing art to feature on a range of new merchandise and resources. If you think your art would look great on a shirt, tote bag, water bottle, frisbee, post cards and more, then this is the competition for you! Get your art out there while increasing LGBTIQA+ representation and visibility across the state.
LGBTIQA+ identifying and aged 12-25 years old.
Create a piece of art representing ‘A queer future is bright’. You may use any medium and size of the piece, however the designs when placed on merchandise will vary in size from 7 x 7 cm to 20cm x 20 cm. We can change the art size to fit it to size, so beware of having too much detail as it may be lost in printing or resizing.
Once completed, you can enter in multiple ways:
In Person: Bring your artwork and application form to Freedom Centre in Leederville, headspace Bunbury, headspace Kalgoorlie headspace Geraldton.
Electronically: Take a clear photo or scan artwork and email a copy to [email protected] along with your application form. Please note, we may need you to send in the original artwork if you’re selected as a winner, however, it will be returned to you.
Competition closes on 21/04/2023.
Artwork will be judged based on three criteria:
- How well it expresses the theme.
- Creativity, uniqueness and originality.
- Overall impression and design of the artwork.
- Ability to be used on resources and merchandise.
- Three $200 vouchers and four $50 vouchers to optional locations are up for grabs.
- Artist bios to go on Freedom socials and website (optional).
- Each winner will be given items with artwork printed on it.
- Freedom is a service owned and operated by WAAC.
- WAAC will use the designs for a 12-month period from winners being announced. Original artwork will be returned to winners as soon as electronic copies have been made.
- Artwork must be completely original.
- WAAC may choose to use part of artwork depending on item and size of piece.
- If you require assistance to purchase items to create artwork, please contact [email protected].